Coach's Target Ready to use So you can Aim at your targets and supported, so Shoot me an e-mail.
October 12

Practical Ed Tech Tip of the Week from Richard Bryne

The last couple of years I’ve been fortunate that I don’t have “wanderers” who leave my classroom for the bathroom and never return. That’s largely due to the fact that my classes are electives that kids choose to attend. So I didn’t have to keep records of when kids signed-out and signed-in from trips to the bathroom or other places in the school.

This year, for contact-tracing purposes, I have to keep detailed records of when students leave my classroom. Rather than keeping a paper sign-out/ sign-in sheet, I’m using a Google Form that I have posted as a material in Google Classroom.

In this video I demonstrate how I created a sign-out/sign-in sheet in Google Forms, how I post it in Google Classroom, and how students utilize it. In the video I also provide a possible modification of the Form.

If you work in a school that uses Office 365, you can use Microsoft Forms as a digital sign-out/ sign-in sheet. How to create that form and how students fill it out is demonstrated in this video.

These were last week’s most popular posts on FreeTech4Teachers.com:

1. How to Disable or Limit Google Classroom Notifications

2. How to Add Shapes and Drawings to Google Docs

3. How to Create Your Own Online Board Game

4. Good Video Lessons About Cyberbullying and Digital Privacy

5. G Suite Becomes Google Workspaces – What’s That Mean for You?

6. How to Create Citations and Bibliographies in Google Docs – No Add-ons Required

7. 5 Digital Mapping Activities

Online PD This Week!

This Tuesday at 4pm ET I’m hosting Fun Formative Assessments for Virtual and Hybrid Classrooms. If you’re looking for some new ideas about how to get your students to interact with you and or their classmates in an online setting, this webinar is for you.

On Thursday at 4pm ET Rushton Hurley from Next Vista for Learning and I host Two Ed Tech Guys Take Questions and Share Cool Stuff!

A Crash Course in Making & Teaching With Video is now available as a self-paced course. Learn more about it here.

Happy teaching!

Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.

Posted October 12, 2020 by Ready Aim Shoot in category Uncategorized